David Snodgrass Buchanan Esq. of Cunninghamehead
Residence : Cunninghamehead Mansion, near Irvine
Knockshinnoch and Little Mains were acquired by D. Snodgrass Buchanan Esquire of Cunninghamehead in the 1830s. He is listed as one of the major landowners in the parish by the Rev. Matthew Kirkland in the New Statistical Account of the parish of New Cumnock, compiled in 1838 and published in 1845.. These lands then passed to Niel Snodgrass Buchanan, his second son.
Proprietor C.S. Buchanan / Cess Tax Roll >1836 : Knockshinnoch, Little Mains
Proprietor Trustees of Niel Griffith Snodgrass / Valuation Rolls 1855 : Carcow & Ashmark, Knockhinnoch, Laight, Castle Farm (Little Mains) , Castle Inn
Laglaff and Culcreoch would be added in later years.
National Library of Scotland
- All maps reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland
- Old Parish Records, Births, Marriages, Deaths, Census Records, Valuations Rolls, Wills & Testaments
- Historical Land Tax Rolls